Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Final Project













Voila! My final project. It wasn't a hard decision figuring out what I wanted to do for my final project. I love good pictures of hands and feet. I love the detail you can see in the skin in a really in-focus shot. And if it is in beautiful light, It looks gorgeous. So this time I actually took my time and looked for/created good light. MY favorite is the one with my dad's hand struming the guitar because I LOVE the lighting, and how you can really see the detail (like the viens) in his skin. But Mr. Slade has something againest guys playing guitars, and me and Chan figured out that it's because he had a girlfriend who dumped him for a guy who plays the guitar, and she made Mr Slade take pictures of him for his album cover, and he was jealous. Anyway, my other favorite is the one with the feet on the carpet. I was going upstairs when I saw this amazing light on the ground coming from a window so I dragged my brother off the couch and made him stand in it. I love the deep black in between his toes and the strips of light under his feet.

The other ones I printed are the ones of the hand with the pen, and the close-up of the crossed feet. I'm not crazy about the pen one, because I focused on the tip of the pen, so the cap is blury and distracting, but I really like the stripes of light across the paper. I love the light on the feet (artificial), but it's barely, barley a little soft. The other two are ok. The one with my dad's left hand on the neck of the guitar is good composition-wise, but the lighting wasn't that great. The one with my mom's hand cooking, I don't like. The lighting isn't very good, and there are a lot of distracting objects in the background that take away from the main point of the picture, the hand.

Overall, I think I did a good job of finding good light and focusing. I'm really proud of some of these shots.

This term has been a lot of fun. Being my first time using digital (in a class) and learning how to use photoshop- I learned "In histogram we trust" -Mr. Slade. And focus is extremely important! If it looks slightly soft, it's annoying. And if you find great lighting, your picture can be beautiful. And setting time aside for taking pictures and really taking time to set up and focus, can be rewarding.

No comments: