Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Assignment #5- Reshoot







So here's the shot I reshot. It was from our bracketing assignment, and honestly, I wasn't really paying attention to the lighting or anything really when I shot it. I must've been in a rush to get it over with. So, it turned out looking grayish and overall just really bad. There is also that big window on the left that your eye goes right to and distracts from the music. When I went to reshoot this, I made sure that the window was out of the frame, and to get better lighting. The first time I reshot it, the window wasn't in the frame, but the lighting wasn't very good. So Mr. Slade advised me to look for light that would "roll" off the pages of the music book. Since I live at school and don't get home until it's dark, I had no idea when I would ever have time to reshoot this, again. I felt in denial I guess you could say. So I decided maybe if I got up earlier than normal in the moring, there might be some good light. So I drag myself out of bed only to find that it's still too dark outside. But since I was already up, I decided to see what the light look like if I just turned on the lamp in that room, and it ended up "rolling" off the page and I loved it! So I moved a bunch of furniture out of the way, set the lamp in the perfect spot, and shot it. I'm so happy I did because it looks so much better. What I changed in that shot though, was the music holder metal thingy. I got rid of it completly because the gleam of the light reflecting on it is really distracting. Other than the curves and layers, I didn't change anything. I really love how the background is dark then there's that ray of light "rolling" over the pages. I'm glad I reshot this one. It looks a lot better.

8 comments:

Natalie! said...

love it!

Slade said...

Bravo!

talentedbread said...

I like the simplicity of the background

the 3rd eye said...

Thats a cool picture, I like it.

Kasandra. said...

wow. That looks great! I liked the image before, it was a great idea but it just didn't turn out. But the reshoot is outstanding. The light, contrast, focus, it's all perfect!! Lovely job.

folksneedheros said...

OH WOW Estie, you are soooo talented. This is a work of art. YOu useed the light so well, what light did you use, but WOOWOWOWOWOWWOWOW !!!!!! That is an amazing picture.

Estie said...

awww thanks you guys! You have no idea how excited I was when I saw that I had 6 comments! Now I will go comment on all of yours! :)

Meghan said...

this is really cool estie! it's way simple and yet the music makes it a bit complex. :)