I had a lot of fun working with digital this go around instead of film. Of course I love the old fashioned film cameras, but I think it's also crucial for all photographers to be strong in both the old and new technologies, especially in this day and age where we are so technologically advanced, it is important to be working with newer tools. It took a bit of getting used to at first, but once I got the hang of it, I enjoyed it a lot. I really like the concept of being able to see by your screen if you are too under exposed or overexposed, and how your image will look, instead of being surprised or disappointed when you develop a contact sheet for the first time. As for shooting in color, which was also a big change, I learned to pay attention to the colors of the objects around me and eventually learning which ones work together, and which ones just look silly. I love black and white, but using color forced me to really pay attention to what I was shooting. I think I really grew as a photographer through taking this digital color class. It changed the way I look at my subjects and photography in general. When I first started taking in 8th grade, I thought it was just as simple as pointing and shooting. But now I know there is so much more to that, and so many different ways to do it. Thanks for a great half year!
Shakepeare Fest #2
15 years ago
1 comment:
Good comments, I appreciate them.
Post a Comment