Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Camera-less assignment: Person #1

At first glance, I thought the figure seated three feet away from me was a man.  As I looked closer though, it is in fact a women, about the age of 30.  Her matted short hair gives off the appearance of a man.  Her hair is also curly and very very dark.  She wears glasses which hide her eyes, making it hard to distinguish what color they are. She has a round, short face, with trickles of sweat forming at her brow.  I can't figure out why.  It's not too hot inside.  Maybe she's nervous for something?  No one will know.  She sits with her legs crossed, her baggy sweatshirt creating creases around her torso.  She has on faded jeans, and shoes that... wouldn't be acceptable at a nice restaurant, let's just say.  I hear a door open behind me.  She looks up and quickly stands with a bright smile on her face.  She crouches down with her arms outstretched and a little child, about the age of 5 runs into her arms.  She wears an expression of pure joy while holding the child. Her child.  He is crowned with the same hair as his mother, and now possesses the same expression.  She stands and takes ahold of his little fingers and they walk out the door, smiling all the way.

No comments: